Steptoe & Johnson PLLC is a U.S. energy firm with core strengths in energy, labor & employment, litigation and transactional law. In 2013, Steptoe & Johnson celebrates 100 years of helping clients reach their goals.
- More than 275 attorneys
- 14 Offices in Colorado, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia
- Over 30 areas of practice
- 180 attorneys and 200 paraprofessionals serving the energy industry
- 12th largest energy law practice in the country - Energy Law 360
- Top listed in the U.S. in Oil and Gas Law by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Top listed in the U.S. in Professional Malpractice by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Top listed firm in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia in a combination of areas by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Two Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Three Fellows of the American College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
- AV peer-review rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest ranking given
- 88 lawyers recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
If You're Both Going in the Same Direction, It Doesn't Matter Who's Driving.
To us, the business of law is really the relationship business. We aim to take care of you like you are one of our own. This spirit of collaboration starts with a close-knit, family-like atmosphere among Steptoe & Johnson people who actually get along (imagine that).
It's the old world notion of partnership defined by being in things together. Some firms share office space and overhead-we share values, like putting your interests first.
Can you relate?
Every Client Has Its Own Unique Challenges. We're Listening.
Effecient communication requires more than real-time BlackBerry responsiveness (not that we don't love our electronics).
It's deeper than that. It's about knowing your business, grasping your goals and confirming what's most important to you, which takes time. Time spent with you, often on your sit and our nickel
Our goal is to foster the type of like-minded relationships that deliver business effiecencies you value most.
So expect to hear from us and see us early and often
And expect us to listen up
Nothing Says "I Love You" More Than Coming in Under Budget. Nothing.
Accountability is not a goal at Steptoe & Johnson, It's a managing principle. From the moment you first call about a matter, we identify the business goals and clarify the desired outcome.
Then we work with you to choose the best legal approach, assign the right person or team and carefully monitory the time and resources it takes to deliver results at a cost that makes business sense.
The idea is to keep you informed about how we are spending your money
Hungry for Knowledge? We're Well-Stocked.
Clients are always open to insights and ideas. And Steptoe delivers in many ways.
We inform with timely seminars, e-briefs and client-specific training programs.
We get involved and lead industry trade groups and organizations, and we have deep experience and connections with government organizations.
So no matter when, where or how you are looking to learn, count on us to provide food for thought that's good for you and your business.
The Best Results Don't Come Off The Rack.
A win can come in many different forms.
You may need a creative way to get a deal done. A settlement instead of a trial. Or maybe you're looking for an opinion delivered in a 10-minute phone call instead of a heavilye researched analysis of your options.
At Steptoe & Johnson solutions are not "one-size-fits-all."
Our approach is tailored to your situation and begins with the best definition of a win: yours.
BRIDGEPORT, W.Va. – A new book details the 100-year history of the Steptoe...
Strengthens firm’s commitment to mid-continent energy companies