BUSINESS, LEGAL AND INDUSTRY KNOW-HOW
Asbestos litigation is a fast-paced, high volume field of toxic tort practice. Eleven group attorneys focus their practice primarily on the defense of asbestos litigation. We know the rules of the game, the players, and have a unique understanding of the subject matter and the courts.
Legal know-how and industry specific experience allow our team to develop management models designed to provide aggressive and efficient counsel to our clients.
With more than 175 years of combined legal experience, our diverse group of asbestos litigators serves major industrial clients, including manufacturers, contractors, and suppliers throughout the nation.
We understand how to manage projects to best achieve our clients' goals. We work closely with clients and their insurers to design effective defense strategies that fit their unique business needs.
What sets us apart
- Advocates with industry-specific defense strategies
- Skilled national, regional, and local counsel
- Knowledgeable practitioners familiar with regional courts, practices and opposing counsel
- Efficient project managers with the ability to develop cost-effective litigation budgeting, including alternative fee arrangements
- Dedicated para-professionals who are essential to streamlining document-intense litigation
- Defended against medical causation in asbestos claims involving mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis, including preparing and cross-examining nationally renowned pathologists, radiologists, and industrial hygienists
- Managed dockets of hundreds of alleged asbestos-related cancers in West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania
- Represented Fortune 500 equipment manufacturers in asbestos litigation
- Successfully argued motion for summary judgment resulting in dismissal of national equipment manufacturer from a Western Pennsylvania asbestos claim
- Participated in asbestos defense group committee efforts to shape the Case Management Order and litigation practice in West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania
- Served as national, regional, and local counsel in major asbestos litigation