Click Here to view our COVID - 19 Preparedness Page
Steptoe & Johnson’s Bankruptcy/Creditor’s Rights Group has vast experience in workouts, collections, and insolvency. Team attorneys advise in structuring transactions in the course of bankruptcy and other collection proceedings. The group represents a variety of interests in reorganization matters, including secured lenders, individual creditors, and debtors.
Group attorneys have experience in dealing with the rights of lien holders in all chapters of bankruptcy and have handled a wide variety of creditors’ interests, including executory contracts, restructuring challenged assets, and the purchase of assets at bankruptcy sales and from insolvent sellers.
Firm clients include companies in banking, energy, manufacturing, health, technology, construction, e-commerce, and real estate. Steptoe & Johnson is committed to knowing our clients’ business, recognizing the clients’ objectives, and achieving those objectives.
- Creditor's Rights
- Forbearance and Modification
- Creditors in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Plan Analysis and Negotiations with Debtors
HOW WE HAVE HELPED
- Negotiated loan forbearance and modification on behalf of lenders to ensure proper documentation to maintain priority in security interests
- Assisted clients in exercising rights to repossess personal property that has been held as collateral for commercial loan
- Provided creditor representation in bankruptcy from proof of claim filings to motions to lift the stay of defense against preference actions
- Litigated legal and equitable claims of overriding royalty interest holder against debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Assisted financial institutions and other creditors to ensure proper implementation of procedures to comply with the Dodd-Frank Regulatory Reform Act
- Represented creditors by guiding them through the intricacies of bankruptcy, foreclosure, and collection methods to maximize recovery of secured and unsecured debt
What Sets Us Apart
- Nationwide experience representing creditors ranging in size from local banks to national corporations throughout Delaware, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Unparalleled experienced in energy transactions, bankruptcy, and restructuring of challenged assets
- Team member who has served as a bankruptcy trustee for more than twenty years