Steptoe & Johnson’s Cannabis Counsel has the experience and ability to represent cannabis organizations in a heavily regulated legal environment in jurisdictions throughout our firm footprint in CO, KY, OH, PA, TX and WV.
The Cannabis Counsel actively assists numerous cannabis organizations through a comprehensive understanding of the cannabis industry, a proactive approach to regulation and corporate compliance, and a demonstrated ability to apply its knowledge and experience in furthering clients’ business goals.
Experienced in all facets of the cannabis industry, team attorneys provide thoughtful advice on everything from making application for a hemp license or medical cannabis permit to guidance on day-to-day operations and compliance obligations for growers, processors, and dispensaries. The Cannabis Counsel also advises employers and healthcare organizations on workforce and workplace issues.
HOW WE HAVE HELPED
- Regulatory Compliance
- Licensing and Permitting
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Formation
- Tax Counseling and Advocacy
- Corporate Formation and Structuring
- Employment Considerations
- Government Relations and Policy
- Intellectual Property
- Provided legal services and policy guidance for entities engaged in cultivating, processing, and distributing industrial hemp and cannabinoids
- Drafted facility plans and standard operating procedures for prospective medical cannabis dispensaries
- Advised prospective medical cannabis growers on permitting considerations under the West Virginia Medical Cannabis Act
- Drafted employee handbook, guidelines, and policies for hemp growers and processors
- Advised hemp dispensaries on compliance issues with labeling, advertising, and marketing its products
- Advised existing hemp wholesaler and processor on intellectual property considerations under state and federal law
- Counseled regional health system on zero tolerance drug testing policies under Pennsylvania medical marijuana/cannabis laws
- Advised long-term care clients on best practices related to medical cannabis