Steptoe & Johnson’s commodities and derivatives lawyers routinely advise clients with respect to regulatory matters and a full range of over-the-counter, exchange-traded and structured products.
Our attorneys strive to provide forward-thinking solutions that are both practical and effective.
Most importantly, we do it quickly. We pride ourselves on being responsive to client needs and realize that opportunities and dollars can be lost if quality solutions are not available when needs are presented.
- CFTC and Dodd-Frank Regulatory Advice
- Commodity Derivatives (oil, gas, coal, power and weather)
- Interest Rate Derivatives
- Equity Derivatives
- Credit Derivatives
- Municipal Derivatives
- Physical Commodity Contracts
- Power Purchase Agreements
- ISDA, NAESB and EEI Documentation
- Securities Lending Agreements
- Brokerage Agreements
- Advise on swaps, caps, collars, floors, forwards and futures contracts
- Regularly advise banks, funds, corporations, commodity trading companies, pension plans, and municipalities on derivatives, trading and structured finance transactions
- Assist entities in creating and implementing CFTC and Dodd-Frank compliance programs
- Extensive experience with ISDA, SIFMA, LSTA, NAESB and EEI documentation
- Represent exploration and production companies with physical commodity contracts and first lien hedging facilities
- Advise retail electric providers on sole supplier transactions
- Negotiate credit support documents, including credit support annexes, guarantees, letters of credit, security agreements and intercreditor agreements
- Represent universities and their endowment funds on their hedging and investment programs