Steptoe & Johnson’s Oil & Gas Emergency Response Team is ready to assist you the moment an emergency strikes. We understand that arriving on-scene quickly is paramount to disaster management. Our goal is to be by your side within hours – not just the next business day.
Our team has experience in formulating prospective emergency response plans, to help clients prepare for emergencies before they arise. We study any current plan and its implementation and help tailor a plan to address specific needs and regional anomalies.
We are prepared to assemble the legal Emergency Response Team most appropriate to your locations and needs. Team members include attorneys with SafeLandUSA certifications, litigators, and specialists in labor and employment law, regulatory law, white-collar crime, energy law, and government relations to provide both regional and multi-disciplinary legal coverage tailored to you.
What We Do:
- Assist with the collection and management of electronically stored data
- Prepare emergency response plans
- On-site scene management
- Public relations
- Pre-suit investigation
- OSHA responses
- Regulatory responses
- Provide advice for remedial activity related to releases and/or emissions
What Sets Us Apart
Immediate and Long-Term Value
Having Steptoe & Johnson as an integral part of your Emergency Response Team will protect you, not only during an emergency, but also for your long-term preparedness.
During an emergency, our team leader can facilitate responses to requests from governmental authorities, accident victims and their families, the press, and the general public.
Following a crisis, this management can help ensure your company maintains a reputation for prompt response and appropriate action.
Because our team includes litigators, they understand that the details of an incident will be subject to intense scrutiny in any resulting trial. With that perspective, your Steptoe & Johnson team members will help to balance the need to disclose information with litigation issues, helping to minimize potential damage should a trial occur.
HOW WE HAVE HELPED
- Responded to a transmission pipeline explosion with fatalities and neighborhood evacuation
Pipeline Burial and Damage
- Obtained emergency injunctive relief to halt ongoing burial and damage to pipeline by contractor
Rig Fires and Explosions
- Responded to incidents involving flash fires at well pads, conducted on-scene investigations, and coordinated responses to regulatory agencies, including cease and desist orders
- Handled catastrophic damages resulting from landslides during flooding
- Responded to drilling fluid spills and impoundment blowouts
- Coordinated and attended on-site investigations and interviews by EPA, FBI, and state investigators following spills, wetland fills, and accidents