Working with clients to achieve their business goals, Steptoe & Johnson litigators seek a cost-effective, early resolution of every case, bearing in mind both the cost of litigation and the risk of encouraging additional lawsuits by settling cases that should be tried.
Team litigators possess extensive experience in handling “bet the company” cases, and know that when clients face business disputes, they want lawyers who understand the impact of the litigation to their business, regardless of the size of the dispute. Recognizing that cost control and time are critical factors, Steptoe & Johnson litigators are also adept at analysis, budgeting, and all types of alternative dispute resolution.
Firm litigators are known for having the experience, depth, and resources to successfully navigate the most complex cases. This reputation, coupled with a willingness to take cases to trial when necessary, gives clients go-to litigators who are trusted advisors that provide strong advocacy, exemplary service, and common sense advice.
WHAT DO CLIENTS SAY?
In the latest edition of Chambers USA, Chambers researchers published these client comments and an overview of our litigation team:
One client says: "No matter what the question or problem, there is always an attorney who has experience in the required field." The source is especially pleased that "the advice provided covers all the variables that need to be considered before I make a decision.”
A client finds the team to be "well respected" and describes its lawyers as "just good people, and they always have the interests of the company at the forefront of their minds."
“Respected practice with offices across the state, handling a broad spectrum of civil litigation, including environmental cases, and also skilled in white-collar crime. Clients typically hail from the energy and natural resources and telecom industries as well as various governmental and healthcare entities.”
What Sets Us Apart
- 100 litigators strategically located throughout the firm’s footprint
- More than 30 litigators recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- One of the largest energy litigation practices in the Marcellus/Utica shale plays
- Top listed in the U.S. in Energy Law by The Best Lawyers in America®
- Top listed firm in a combination of areas by The Best Lawyers in America® including:
- Appellate Law
- Bet the Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Mass Torts Litigation
- Products Liability Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Law
- White Collar Defense
- Three Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers