Steptoe & Johnson’s mineral title services provide mineral title, due diligence, and Division Order Title Opinions (DOTOs) to all producing shale basins in the United States.
HOW ARE WE DOING THIS?
- More than 60 attorneys cross-trained to understand title in multiple states and basins
- 80 in-house abstractors and landmen available to abstract and build runsheets in county record rooms in all supported basins
- Digital abstracts and opinions
- Workflow processes coordinating work across all offices
- Digital enhancement technology
- Utilization of Quorum Land Management Solutions
What sets us apart
- Capacity to undertake major mineral title, DOTO, and due diligence projects prepared by a dedicated team of professionals
- Dependable performance throughout all major basins
- Client access to confidential reports
- Online client file progress monitoring
- A business model built upon long-term relationships
- Turnkey title solutions, from abstracting to final opinion
- More than 100 years of energy experience
HOW WE HAVE HELPED
- Performed due diligence, undertook curative work, and conducted closings in multi-million dollar energy transactions
- Assisted clients in major energy transactions including review of title opinions, organizing defect and curative reports, drafting letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, and preparing closing documents for various transactions
- Led due diligence teams responsible for issuing mineral title opinions for both held by production and newly leased acreage totaling over 100,000 acres in Ohio and Pennsylvania
- Regularly assist clients with mineral title examinations, due diligence projects, and energy transactions throughout the DJ and Appalachian Basins
- Managed and coordinated efforts of a team of attorneys conducting due diligence in conjunction with a number of acquisitions, including one involving over 100,000 gross acres and 200 producing units, delivering completion ahead of deadline and under budget; maintained regular and informative communication with client to ensure against misunderstanding and last-minute surprise.